Lyons Primary School
Address: 600 Bulldog Rd. Lyons, GA 30436
Phone: (912) 526-8391
Fax #: (912) 526-3298
Lyons Primary School
Pre-K through 2nd grade
Pre K Registration for Lyons Primary School and Toombs Central Elementary School
April 11 and 12
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Registration will be taking place at both schools on these days.
Log in with your school code: LPSParent. The password is TINA. Deadline is April 12.
Hágalo usando el código de su escuela: LPSParent. La contraseña es TINA.
Order your yearbook by clicking the button below!
Lyons Primary's Fall Festival -- Oct. 20th from 5:00-8:00.
Annual Title I Meeting Information
Georgia Parent Survey - click here
LPS School Supply List
Please contact the school for student records request. Fax number is: 912-526-3298.
OUR MISSION: The mission statement of Lyons Primary School is to cultivate character, foster academic excellence, and embrace diversity in a child-centered, standards-based environment, to inspire students to become life-long learners and productive participants in an ever-changing global and technologically advanced society.
School performance is based on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Flexibility Waiver Formula. Under the ESEA Flexibility Waiver schools are identified as Priority, Focus, Alert, Reward, and Title I Schools. Currently, LPS is not a Priority, Focus, Alert, or Reward School and is designated as a Title I school.
District Wellness Policy
The Board of Education recognizes that student wellness and proper nutrition are related to students' well-being, growth, development, and readiness to learn. The Board is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects student wellness, proper nutrition, nutrition education, and regular physical activity as part of the total learning experience. In a healthy school environment, students will learn about and participate in positive dietary and lifestyle practices that can improve student achievement.
To the extent practicable, all schools in the district shall participate in available federal school meal programs. All foods and beverages made available on campus during the school day shall be consistent with the requirements of federal and state law. Guidelines for reimbursable school meals shall not be less restrictive than regulations and guidance issued by the U.S. Secretary pursuant to the Child Nutrition Act and the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act, as those regulations and guidance apply to schools.
The Superintendent or designee shall convene a wellness policy committee consisting of school system and community representatives from areas designated in federal law to participate in the development, implementation and periodic review of school wellness policies. Such policies shall contain, at a minimum:
1. Specific goals for nutrition promotion and education, physical activity, and other school-based activities that promote student wellness;
2. Standards and nutrition guidelines for all foods and beverages available on campus during the school day that:
a. are consistent with federal meal pattern requirements and nutrition standards;
b. prohibit the sale to students on the school campus during the school day of competitive foods that do not meet the federal criteria; and,
c. adhere to the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 and state requirements regarding exempt fundraisers.
3. Identification of the position of district or school official(s) responsible for the oversight to ensure each school’s compliance with the wellness policy;
4. A description of the manner in which parents, students, and representatives of school food service, physical education teachers, school health professions, the school board, school administrators, and the general public are provided an opportunity to participate in the development, implementation, and periodic review of the wellness policy; and
5. A description of the plan for measuring the implementation of the wellness policy and for reporting to the public its content and implementation issues.
The Superintendent or designee shall ensure that each participating school complies with the wellness policy; that periodic assessments and progress reports are conducted in accordance with state and federal timelines and other requirements; and, that appropriate updates or modifications are made as needed.